Procedure for picking up degrees

How do I pick up my degree?
Your diploma model will change on January 1, 2024.
If you defended your diploma between January 1 and August 31, 2023, you will be informed as soon as they are available.

Degrees are issued within 6 to 12 months after thesis defense.
They can be picked up on site, by proxy or by mail.

Several options are available to you

Pick up your degree in person
You must make an appointment by email:,
then come to the Maison du doctorat Jean Kuntzmann (PhD House) on the day of the appointment, with a valid identity card or passport.

PhD Graduation Ceremony

The UGA College and Doctoral Schools are holding the PhD Ceremony,
on June 25 2024 at 5pm  in the Louis Weil Amphiteater on the Saint-Martin-d'Hères University campus for graduates of the 2023 calendar year. It will be possible to pick up your diploma in person upon presentation of proof of identity:
Have your degree picked up by someone else
You must make an appointment by email :,  The person chosen to pick up your degree must come to the Maison du doctorat with the following documents :
  • Letter of proxy indicating the identity of the person authorized to collect your degree (Model at bottom of page) ;

  • Photocopy of your valid French identity card or passport ;
  • Valid identity card or passport of the person authorized to collect your degree.
By post :
If you are unable to attend, you may obtain your degree by post by filling out the form below.
Please provide an address that will not change over the next few weeks.
Your degree is an official document and cannot simply be reissued.  
Your degree is an official document and as such, is issued once only and must be stored carefully.
What to do if your degree is lost or stolen ? You will need to submit a document to support your request. For example, proof of a complaint to the police regarding theft, proof of a claim from your insurance compagny or signed statement.
The new degree will feature the word "duplicate".
What to do if your personal details have changed ?  If you have changed your personal details (surname, first name or gender), you can request a new version of your diploma, taking into account this change, accompanied by the act formalizing this change.
Updated on  February 8, 2024